Songs to get you ready for vacation

Songs to get you ready for vacation

With midterms wrapping up and the cold winter dragging on, it’s safe to say everybody is ready for spring break.  

Whether you’re going home to your family, on a vacation with your roommates or in a van with fellow Hawks to the Appalachian region, students can’t wait to get off campus for a while.

Here are some songs to jam to while you’re on break that have some relaxing spring energy. 

“We’re Going Home” by Vance Joy

This song is from Vance Joy’s most recent album “Nation of Two.” The entire album screams spring break vibes, but especially this track. It’s about going home not only to the physical place, but to the people and experiences within it. The laid-back and happy tune will get you into spring break mode. 

“Best Day of My Life” by American Authors 

This is the ideal song to blast in the car with friends on a warm spring day. It has an optimistic message and upbeat tune that makes you want to go on an adventure with friends. It’s also a good song to blast when you’re walking out of your last class before break. 

“(Take Me Home) Country Roads” by John Denver

This one is for everyone going on APEX for spring break. The banjo, guitar and vocals make this country classic the perfect song to belt while gazing out of the window of those white 12-person passenger vans in Appalachia. 

“Malibu” by Miley Cyrus 

“Malibu” makes you want to dance and skip around the beach just like Miley Cyrus did in the song’s music video. This jam is about relaxing with someone you love on a gorgeous day and feeling content with your life. 

“Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffett

What other song would you listen to while lounging on spring break? The imagery in the lyrics of this song will make you feel like you’re on a tropical island even if you’re just on your couch in the 40-degree New Jersey weather. 

“Lost in Japan – Remix” by Shawn Mendes, Zedd 

This song will be stuck in your head all day once you give it a few listens. Shawn Mendes’ vocals and the song’s beat have a smoothness that makes it impossible not to dance when you hear it. It’s about traveling a long distance to be with someone you care about, which is something students can relate to when going home for break. 

“The Sound of Sunshine” by Michael Franti and Spearhead 

Even though spring break is early and the weather most days is pretty dreary, warmer days are ahead, and the sun being out is exciting in itself. This song gives you the same feeling that the warm sunshine does on a nice spring day. The vibes are happy and carefree, just like spring break should be. 

Follow this link to listen to the playlist on Spotify.