The Hawk workout playlist

GRAPHIC: RACHEL KWOK ’22/THE HAWK

Pump up the jams and get moving with this upbeat workout playlist. Everyone is feeling a little burned out from midterms, but it’s important to set aside some time to get active in order to keep your mind alert. Fall break is within reach. Keep your head up, spirits high and headphones on to tune into these slappers. 

“Jumpin’ Jack Flash” by The Rolling Stones

Get gas, gas, gassed up with this classic rock hit. This is the perfect song for long distance running. With its highs and lows, you will know exactly when to hit the gas and when to jog it out. Also, the crazy guitar solo will make you feel elated like no other.

“Plastic Hearts” by Miley Cyrus

It might not be on her Bangerz album, but this song is a banger for sure. Miley is known for her killer vocals, and this song displays her talent in a way that will send you into turbo overdrive. Miley’s music is transitioning into fun and funky 80s rock, so while this song might not give you the same vibe as Hannah Montana, it will give you the same amount of exciting energy as her Disney hits. You’ll get the best of both worlds.

“Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo 

It would be criminal to have a playlist without including Olivia Rodrigo. Actually, it would be her least “favorite crime.” If you haven’t heard this song, you’re missing out. So, come up for air and get all of your aggressions out with an intense workout to this song. Trust me, it will be “good 4 u.” 

“Stronger” by Kanye West

Whether you’re hitting cardio or weights, this infamous Kanye song will motivate you to no end. The boom of the bass will keep you on a consistent beat, and the lyrics have turned into an anthem of the ages that will make you work harder, better, faster and stronger. Hurry up and get moving, ’cause he can’t wait much longer. 

“Higher Love” by Whitney Houston (Kygo Remix)

It’s hard to not feel inspired when listening to Whitney Houston. Her insane vocals instantly make you want to get up and dance. Kygo’s upbeat remix will keep your body moving and your inspiration high, making it that much easier to get to the end of the workout. 

“Levitating” by Dua Lipa

Have you ever run so fast that you thought you might start levitating? No? Well, this song ought to do the trick. I have a feeling that you’ll fall into a rhythm and your adrenaline just won’t stop racing. Plus, I always picture Dua Lipa slaying this song live at the Grammys, putting me in the best mood to get on the grind.