Day of Dialogue Alternatives

gabriellaguzzardo4
GRAPHIC: GABRIELLA GUZZARDO ’23/ THE HAWK

Sponsored by Office of Inclusion and Diversity Educational Achievement (IDEA)

Hilo Fiber Bar String Art

Founded by Miranda G. Lopez in 2020, Hilo Fiber Bar is a Philadelphia-based company that focuses on creating art through the use of yarn. St. Joe’s community members are invited to participate to create one collective piece of art.

Interactive Post-It Note Wall 

Students are encouraged to stop by the Post-It Note Wall and share what they’ve learned throughout the day and learn about other’s experiences!

Coloring Pages

This is an opportunity for participants to process the Day of Dialogue sessions by coloring social justice themed pages available throughout the day or take home.

“Killing Me Softly” Simulation

Participants can take part in an online simulation where they experience the harmful comments and microaggressions that people of marginalized communities face on a daily basis through a series of dialogue and choices. Afterward, a reflection guide is provided to participants to help process the experience.

“Take an Immigrant’s Journey” Simulation

Participants can engage in an online simulation to become immersed in the evolution of immigration over 150 years. Taken through 8 different immigrant stories. Participants will then be invited to reflect on what was gained from each experience.  

Dear World + BeCivil Photo Display

A variety of photographs of St. Joe’s community members from the Dear World photoshoot and the BeCivil campaign will be displayed to share messages of inclusion and belonging on campus.

Simulation activities will be available online. All other interactive activities will be spread throughout the first and second floor of Mandeville Hall.