Q&A with Hawks: Why do you think Earth Day is important?

“Earth Day is important so everyone gets knowledgeable, gets the resources of what’s going on and the impact our daily activities have on the earth and how they’re much more important than what they think. And just to learn more about how sustainability is evolving.”

Olivia Agatone ’24
Major: Accounting

“Earth Day is important because it’s our planet. Obviously we live here. We’ve lived here our whole lives, and I don’t think the plan to go to Mars is gonna work. And honestly, I think the earth is just so beautiful. Whenever I’m super stressed with work or school, I like to go on hikes and one of my favorite things is just to carry around the backpack with a trash bag and pick up stuff along the trail. It’s like it’s our house and we keep our house clean because nobody wants to live in a dirty house. It’s just not good for your mental health. It’s not good for your physical health. And it’s the same thing for the earth just on a bigger scale.”

Conor Porth ’24
Major: Secondary Education and English

“I just think a lot of people aren’t really aware of what we do now and how it impacts the earth. So I feel like making sure the resources are there and people are able to learn about it.”

Nicole Dedonatis ’24
Major: Secondary Education and English

“I think Earth Day is important because we have to be able to appreciate the only thing that we have to live on. And we have to recognize that nature is important and that we have to take care of it.’’

Gabriella Deo ’25
Major: Elementary Education

“It’s a designated day where people have to think about how we treat the environment and how our actions affect the environment.”

Shelby Wilson ’24
Major: English