Meet the Class of 2027 Student Senators

John Council

Pronouns: He/Him
Majors: Accounting and Finance
Hometown: Springfield, Pennsylvania

“I will be working as the Center for Inclusion and Diversity (CID) Chair to help organize, facilitate and create events as well as make sure the physical space is inviting and comfortable for all ethnicities, races and sexual orientations.”

Derek Rodriguez

Pronouns: He/Him
Major: Criminal Justice
Hometown: Ponce, Puerto Rico

“As a senator, I hope to expand my knowledge in all areas of work. This includes public speaking, working along with my fellow senators and creating connections with not only faculty, but people in Hawk Hill as well as University City to better our relationship.”

Lauren Tauber

Pronouns: She/Her
Major: Business Administration
Hometown: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

“I am determined to learn more about the mental health environment on campus by being involved in the SJU HOPE Initiative committee. Through this initiative, I will aim to not only spread the idea of mental health awareness, but advocate for more accessible therapeutic services across the university.”

Andrew Haas

Pronouns: He/Him
Majors: Finance and Risk Management & Insurance
Hometown: Fleetwood, Pennsylvania

“Working as a senator, [I want to] hear the voices of the unheard in the student body and advocate for their opinions. [I hope to create] a positive atmosphere that aims to encourage students to explore the opportunities that St. Joe’s offers.”

Bianca Brown

Pronouns: She/Her
Major: Marketing and Business Intelligence & Analytics
Hometown: Springfield, Pennsylvania

“I want to work on broadening the direct communication with the Senate and the student body. I hope to accomplish creating an interactive social media and more hands-on interaction with the Senate and the rest of St. Joe’s.”

Caitlin Curran

Pronouns: She/Her
Major: International Relations
Hometown: Dallas, Pennsylvania