The Hawk’s chilly weather playlist

GRAPHIC: RACHEL KWOK ’22/THE HAWK

Is there a draft in here? Or did the temperature drop 20 degrees overnight? If you’re like me, you’re not ready for the kind of cold weather that makes your cheeks numb and your fingers feel like they could snap off. But fear not, colder weather means we can start wearing slippers and blankets in public again (we just call them Uggs and scarves). That ought to keep you cozy. But if you’re still feeling the frostbite, this playlist is sure to warm you up.

Autumn Leaves – Ed Sheeran

OG Ed Sheeran gives off the ultimate fall vibes. Even his hair corresponds with the season.  Listening to his early hits such as this soft, lullaby-like song will give you the same kind of warmth that a hot cup of tea and fuzzy socks will offer. 

champagne problems – Taylor Swift 

It’s hard to feel cold when listening to Taylor Swift, especially with the comforting lull of this song. “November flush and your flannel cure” has to be the most poetic way of saying, “your flannel warmed me up.” 

we fell in love in october – girl in red

Fall is the best time to fall in love, that’s probably why they changed the name from autumn. This song feels like driving down a narrow road that’s covered in fallen leaves of every color. This is an instant serotonin boost, if you will, that will make you forget about the temperature outside. 

cardigan – Taylor Swift

Yes, I’m including another Taylor Swift song. But Swift is the unproclaimed queen of autumn, so can you blame me? This song is a sultry serenade surrounding everyone’s favorite cold weather clothing item: a cozy cardigan. So, throw yours on and get listening, and listen to the rest of her “Folklore” album for some extra warmth. 

Easy On Me – Adele 

I’m hoping the winter months will go easy on me, but if not, at least I have Adele to fall back on. With her new album coming out this month, I’ve been preparing myself by relistening to all of her previous hits. I’m already rolling in the deep feels, so bring it on, Adele. 

Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood

I know, this song was mainstream even when it debuted in 2013. But what is fall and the chillier weather without a little nostalgia? It might be corny, but give it another listen. You may find that an eight-year hiatus from hearing this song will give you a whole new appreciation for it.