The Midterm Mayhem Playlist

GRAPHIC: GABRIELLA GUZZARDO ’23/THE HAWK

We’re all feeling the angst of academia with all the exams, essays and projects this week, so let’s embrace it with some rock hits to encapsulate the mayhem of midterms. 

“My Own Worst Enemy” – Lit

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to studying for midterms, so this song is fitting. Just picture yourself rocking out to this jam on a Friday night to get you through the week. 

“Smells Like Teen Spirit” – Nirvana 

If you’re having a particularly grueling study sesh, take a step back, throw some headphones on and listen to this electrifying sound that transformed the 90s rock landscape. Load up your laptop, bring your friends. It smells like midterm spirit. 

“Smoke On The Water” – Deep Purple

This is a go to headbanger for when you need to get your head in the study game. With one of the most iconic guitar solos ever, this 1972 classic rock anthem is the perfect song to help you find your focus. 

“Walk This Way” – Aerosmith

Nothing will get you amped up like Aerosmith, so use this banger to get your blood pumping right before a night of cramming. You’ll speed through your notes in no time.

“The Anthem” – Good Charlotte

This Good Charlotte classic perfectly describes the fear of living a boring, cookie cutter life. What more inspiration do you need to study hard to achieve your goals? Pass that exam and don’t let this be “another loser anthem.”

“WTF Do I Know” – Miley Cyrus

WTF do we know? Couldn’t tell you, Miley. But we’re doing our best. It’s nice to have a reminder that even people like Miley Cyrus feel lost sometimes, so don’t lose hope. It’s only a midterm.