Roommates launch Talk Hill podcast

If it’s happening on campus, David Ruiz ’25 and Alex Andahazy ’25 are likely talking about it on their new podcast, Talk Hill. 

“We thought it would be useful for people to have a platform to promote different clubs and activities,” said Ruiz. “We found that there’s just so much happening on campus.”

Talk Hill started as an idea that the friends acted out in their room in Merion Gardens.

“It started with us in our room, just pretending to do a talk show,” Andahazy said. “Then we realized, this is something that we could actually do.”

Their podcast covers a variety of topics, including interviews with guests, comedy skits and person-on-the-street segments. With a mix of humor and information, the Talk Hill hosts said they hope to provide an entertaining and informative experience for their listeners.

“I’d like to make it more serious down the line,” Ruiz said. “Eventually, we want to move away from the jokes and create a platform where people can come to us for advice or to see what clubs they’re interested in.”

Talk Hill posts reels on Instagram and longer videos on Youtube. Some of their reels have even reached over 2,000 views.

But the numbers are not the only way they measure success, Ruiz said.

“If we’re happy with it, we don’t really need to pay attention to the views, especially since we’re just starting out,” Ruiz said.

The men said they hope to produce at least one podcast per month.

“We want to keep upping the quality while still having a consistent upload,” Ruiz said. 

Carter Karpinski ’24 was one of the first guests on the show. He spoke about e-sports and the e-sports club. Karpinski said he enjoyed participating.

“It was unique, fun and historic,” Karpinski said. 

Ruiz said they couldn’t do the show without their friends and guests.

“They’re great for ideas,” Ruiz said. “We just want to give them a shout out because [Talk Hill] would not be possible without all the people we’ve worked with and all the people who are willing to go on the show.”

Talk Hill is on Instagram at @talkhillshow and on Youtube at Talk Hill.