'A voice for the voiceless'
Kiley O’Brien ’25, Assistant Features Editor • July 18, 2024
Fit to be king
Lilli Dellheim '25 M.A., Special to the Hawk • July 13, 2024

Mask of the week: Kellogg’s Eggo

Thomas Francesconi ’22 wears his Kellogg’s Eggo mask around campus. PHOTO: ELAINA WALL ’21/THE HAWK

Every day, we walk by others and only see half their features. While it seems like we are missing a glimpse of part of their faces, we are really getting a deeper look into a part of their personality each week. The Hawk will talk to students to hear the stories behind their masks.  

Our mask of the week is from Thomas Francesconi ’22, a food marketing and business intelligence double major from Haddon Heights, New Jersey, who spoke with The Hawk about the Eggo mask he wears around campus.

Where did you get your mask from?

This past summer I interned with Kellogg’s, so I worked there as a sales intern. For all the employees, they sent [everyone masks for] 13 of our brands. It was kind of nice to get those for free.

How often do you wear these Kellogg’s masks?

I try to wear one a day. Obviously, I’ve washed them because they are reusable, and that’s kind of the cycle. It switches which one for each day, but that’s pretty much what I do. 

Is this your favorite mask? If so, why? 

I would say either the Eggo one, or Cheez-It because those are my favorite brands. 

Do you often receive compliments on your masks? 

I do get a lot of compliments. It’s really nice seeing people who recognize the brands and show some love and support for them. 

Do you think that wearing your Kellogg’s masks makes you stand out at all? 

Honestly, no. I think that having the mask on still gives the same message of staying safe, but the different image doesn’t make me stand out at all.