Men’s basketball transfers and recruits update

Gearing up for the 2021-22 season, the St. Joe’s men’s basketball team added two new incoming freshmen with their 2021 recruiting class and two incoming transfers who will join the Hawks this offseason.

Erik Reynolds 

Bullis School

Reynolds, an incoming freshman for the Hawks, was the highest rated St. Joe’s recruit since 2010 at the time of his commitment to St. Joe’s. Reynolds was listed as the 70th ranked prospect for the Class of 2021 by 247Sports.

Reynolds is a guard with strong ball handling capabilities who can create shot opportunities, has great floor vision and can run the fast-paced style of offense Head Coach Billy Lange plays. He should be able to have an immediate impact on Hawk Hill.

Kacper Klaczek 

Long Island Lutheran High School

Klaczek will join Reynolds in the St. Joe’s 2021 recruiting class. Listed at 6-feet-8-inches and 215 lbs., Klaczek will add skill, athleticism and size to a Hawks’ team that is desperate for interior presence and height. 

Klaczek can play multiple positions including four, three and two which will suit Lange’s positionless offensive scheme well. Klaczek lived in Poland until he was 16 years old, so he has experience at the international level having represented Poland at the U-16 FIBA European Championship. 

Ejike Obinna 

Vanderbilt University 

Obinna has a plethora of experience playing in the Southeastern Conference, picking up over 220 rebounds during his three seasons on the court for the Commodores. He committed to St. Joe’s as a graduate transfer for the 2021-22 season. 

Obinna, a 6-foot-10-inch forward who can rebound and provide defensive coverage when perimeter defenders get beat, adds depth and experience to a Hawks roster loaded with young guards.

Charles Coleman 

East Carolina University 

Coleman, a sophomore who is transferring from East Carolina University, started 20 games during his freshman season for the Pirates, leading the team with 19 blocks. He’ll fit in nicely with Lange’s desire to take high percentage 3-point shots while running a fast paced offense. Coleman can sit under the rim collecting rebounds and putting back dunks while adding that interior defensive presence being listed at 7 feet.

Although Klaczek and Obinna’s heights will provide added depth in the frontcourt, Coleman towers over them.