This weekend’s St. Joe’s athletics schedule (Sept. 17 – Sept. 20)

GRAPHIC: CASEY WOOD ’23/THE HAWK

Friday, Sept. 17
Womens: 5:30 p.m.
Mens: 6:15 p.m.
Men & Women’s Cross Country at the Moravian Invitational
Bicentennial Park, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

St. Joe’s men’s and women’s cross country teams will compete in the Moravian Invitational in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania on Sept. 17 at 5:30 p.m. Both teams placed in the top three at the Fordham Fiasco last weekend. The men’s team placed first with the five scoring athletes finishing in the top ten. The women’s team placed third. Junior Sarah Myers finished first for the Hawks with a seventh place overall finish.

Sept. 19-20 / All Day
Golf at Cornell Invitational
Watchung, New Jersey

St. Joe’s golf team will compete in the Cornell Invitational Sept. 19- 20 in Watchung, New Jersey. Graduate student Wills Montgomery will compete in the Invitational for the second straight year, looking to improve upon a 76th place overall finish last season. Last year, Montgomery had an impressive year, earning 22nd place at the A-10 Championship.

Sept. 17-19 / All Day
Men’s Tennis at the Navy Invitational
Annapolis, Maryland

St. Joe’s men’s tennis will compete in the Navy Invitational in Annapolis, Maryland. Keep an eye out for graduate student Nickolas Frisk who had a good season last year, going 8-5 in singles.

Sept. 17-19 / All Day
Women’s Tennis at the St. Joe’s Invitational
St. Joe’s Tennis Complex

St. Joe’s women’s tennis will compete in the St. Joe’s Invitational at the St. Joe’s Tennis Complex. Graduate student Amanda Nava had an excellent year in the 2020-21 season, going 11-8 in singles.

Friday, Sept. 17 / 3:00 p.m.
Field Hockey at The University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

St. Joe’s field hockey (3-2) will be taking on the University of Pennsylvania (1-2) this weekend. St. Joe’s holds a 6-4 record against Penn and is in search of win number seven. The Hawks are currently on a two-game winning streak against the Quakers and they seek to tie their record of 3 straight wins. On Sept. 10, the Hawks notched a a huge win against #4 the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Junior Freke van Tilburg scored the game-winning goal with 4 minutes left.

Friday Sept. 17 / 5:00 p.m.
Men’s Soccer vs. George Mason University
Sweeney Field

St. Joe’s men’s soccer (1-4) is taking on the George Mason University Patriots on Sept. 17 at Sweeney Field. Last time the two teams faced off, the Hawks fell to the Patriots 4-3. The team is hoping to get up to a .500 win percentage against George Mason since they are currently 2-3 when facing the Patriots. The Hawks are looking to turn around their record early on in the season.