The greatest fantasy show on paper; Insight for your Week 3 fantasy league lineup

GRAPHIC: CHRIS KLINE ’23/THE HAWK

With 42 years of combined football experience and six fantasy championships under our belts, we are confident that we can provide some good advice for you to win your league this year. Throughout the current fantasy football season, we will guide you through the toughest start/sit options.

Starts of the Week: 

Baker Mayfield vs. Bears: Baker is on the rise! After leading the Browns to the playoffs last season for the first time since 2002, we expect Baker Mayfield to take the next step this year and become one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL. Mayfield is a must start. 

Jalen Hurts vs. Cowboys: Hometown hero Jalen Hurts is the real deal. The Eagles were considered one of the worst teams in the NFL before the season started and Hurts responded to that by throwing 3 touchdowns and completing 77% of his passes on the road during week one. Despite a less inspiring performance in week two, we are expecting Hurts to have a strong year in his first full season as a starter. This is a revenge game against Dallas after a poor performance last season in his first start in the historic rivalry. 

Chase Edmonds vs. Jaguars: With Kyler Murray looking like an MVP candidate, the Jaguars’ weak defense will not be prepared for Chase Edmonds coming out of the Arizona backfield. This should provide Edmonds a real shot to get in the end zone by either rushing or receiving. 

Mike Williams vs. Chiefs: We all know how well the Chiefs can score. The Chargers will have to throw the ball all game to keep up. The Chiefs will be focused on Keenan Allen rather than Williams, freeing him up for young breakout quarterback (QB) Justin Herbert to find him. 

Noah Fant vs. Jets: F-A-N-T Fant Fant Fant! Noah Fant should feast this week against one of the worst defenses in the league. Teddy “Two Gloves” Bridgewater is a serviceable QB and should be focusing on Fant, especially with the loss of Jerry Jeudy. Picking against the Jets is typically a safe choice, as I’m sure everyone already knows. 

Sits of the Week: 

Jameis Winston vs. Patriots: A turnover prone QB, like Jameis Winston, against Bill Belichick and his reputation for improving his defense throughout the year is not a good look. Michael Thomas will also still not be active. Regardless of his strong start, Winston is still the same QB who threw 30 interceptions just two seasons ago.

Mike Davis vs. Giants: The Giants have a sneaky good run defense that ranks in the top half of the NFL. Expect Mike Davis to have a bad game especially since he will be sharing carries with Cordarrelle Patterson. He is a touchdown dependent running back that isn’t likely to find paydirt this week.

Tee Higgins vs. Steelers: The Steelers and the Bengals have a long history of aggressive, low-scoring games (remember Tik Tok boy getting destroyed last season?). With Ja’Marr Chase emerging as a top young wide receiver (WR), Tee Higgins could get targeted less, especially against a strong defense. 

Logan Thomas vs. Bills: Taylor Heinicke may be the answer, but not in a game against the Bills. With lower target volume and having legitimate receiving options in Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson, you may want to find a better tight end than Thomas for this week. 

Best of luck to all of our readers this week. And remember, championships aren’t won at the draft!