’80s Halloween Hits Playlist

GRAPHIC: GABRIELLA GUZZARDO ’23 /THE HAWK

“Beetlejuice,” “Friday the 13th,” “Child’s Play,” why did some of the most haunting horror movies come out in the ’80s? This Halloween, try and channel that same eerie energy with this Halloween playlist of ’80s hits.

“Somebody’s Watching Me” – Rockwell

Rockwell’s most popular song is the quintessential Halloween bop. Released in 1984, this number is arguably the most fun and upbeat Halloween hit.

“Thriller” – Michael Jackson

It would be criminal not to include this 1982 classic by the king of pop, especially when this iconic song just turned 40 years old. Time flies when you’re doing that infamous zombie dance. Let’s keep it alive and add it to our Halloween playlists.

“Pet Sematary” – Ramones

This creepy and catchy 1989 song was originally written for the film adaptation of Stephen King’s novel of the same name. The unsettling lyrics mixed with the cool rock melody make this a perfect Halloween party song.

“Maneater” – Hall & Oates

Hall & Oates are anything but scary, but it is scary how snappy this song is. Every little ditty by this duo tends to get stuck in your head with ease. Don’t fight it, let it chew you up.

“Running Up That Hill” – Kate Bush

This heavenly 1985 hit was revived in the newest season of “Stranger Things,” everyone’s favorite spooky sci-fi series. It wouldn’t be right to have Halloween without it this year.