Chill(y) playlist

As we begin to settle down into the winter season, here’s a playlist to encapsulate those chilly weather feelings. 

“Colder Weather” – Zac Brown Band 

Zac Brown Band is defying the stereotype of country music only being appropriate for the summertime. As the title suggests, this mellow, heart-wrenching country song is perfect as we embark into the colder season. The song addresses the challenges that come with a relationship where two people may not always see eye to eye. The bitter sting of the cold air correlates to the bitter feelings that may come with this type of relationship. 

“Winter Winds” – Mumford & Sons

If you’re someone who enjoys more of a campfire stomp and holler style of music, even during the brisk seasons, Mumford & Sons has the song for you. “Winter Winds” highlights how the power of love can provide warmth and comfort even during the coldest times of the year. Even if you are not someone who embraces the cold weather, Mumford & Sons reminds you that “spring swaps snow for leaves, you’ll be happy and wholesome again.” 

“Back to December” – Taylor Swift 

Taylor Swift is an artist who has a song for just about every mood, emotion and even season. Her song “Back to December” has a nostalgic feel for longtime fans as the song refers back to her 2009 relationship with Taylor Lautner. It is from her album “Speak Now” and highlights the regret that may come with a breakup and how she longs to go back to those December nights one more time. 

“December, 1963 (Oh What a Night)” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons 

Since we are focusing on one out of the four seasons, it is only appropriate to conclude our playlist with a song by The Four Seasons. This timeless 1975 classic reminisces on the past and how one December night in 1963 changed everything for someone.