Hawk Spotlight on: Sippin’ Pic’s

Owners Darlene and Lambert Walker pose with paints inside Sippin’ Pic’s.
PHOTO COURTESY OF DARLENE WALKER
Owners Darlene and Lambert Walker pose with paints inside Sippin’ Pic’s. PHOTO COURTESY OF DARLENE WALKER

Address: 3901 Conshohocken Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131

Sippin’ Pic’s offers a unique atmosphere as people of any age are welcomed to party, sing and dance all while painting.

The business has been up and running since 2018 and is owned by Darlene and Lambert Walker. They opened up the shop in hopes to bring light and joy into others’ lives as well as to their own lives post-retirement. 

“Once I retired, Lambert and I decided that we wanted to do something entrepreneurial, and we had gone to a painting party and found it to be quite boring,” Darlene said. “So we decided to try it ourselves but to add something different to it. That’s why we added the karaoke and the dancing and music.”

Starting up this business was a way for the Walkers to work for themselves rather than for someone else. They wanted to show their children that it is possible for anyone to start their own business. 

“I’d like to pass it on to our children, so they can see that they can be young entrepreneurs and work for themselves,” Lambert said. 

They also accommodate the wants and needs of visitors by holding virtual and mobile events. For virtual events, material can either be picked up in the studio by participants or it can be mailed to them. 

“We’ll come to campus. We’ll come to your church. We’ll come to your house. Wherever you want us to come, we’ll set up and have a party like we have in Sippin’ Pic’s,” Lambert said. 

Whether you plan to have Sippin’ Pic’s come to you or visit the studio in person, the easygoing and low stress atmosphere is one thing that will be present during every event.