Presidential Search Timeline

GRAPHIC: GABRIELLA GUZZARDO ’23/ THE HAWK

May 3, 2022 – Mark C. Reed, Ed.D., St. Joe’s  28th president, announces that he will be stepping down from the position of university president after seven years. 

May 26, 2022 – James M. Norris ’85, chair of the Board of Trustees, announces the formation of a search committee to appoint the next president of St. Joe’s. The committee consists of 15 people, including Norris, other members of the Board of Trustees, professors and a student. 

Aug. 16, 2022 – Mark Reed announces his final day as university president, writing “Tomorrow marks Dr. Cheryl McConnell’s first day as Interim President.” 

Aug. 31, 2022 – Norris announces that Storbeck Search, an education and nonprofit search firm that is a part of the Diversified Search Group, will be used in the search for St. Joe’s next president.

Sept. 23, 2022 – A presidential search listening session is held in the Cardinal Foley Campus Center for students to attend and give feedback to members of the Presidential Search Committee. The meeting is run by Sarah F. Quinn ’89, ’09, MBA, associate vice president and chief of staff in the President’s Office, and search committee members Daniel R.J. Joyce ’88, S.J., vice president of Mission and Ministry and Margaret K. Hondros H’16, MBA, Board of Trustees member.

Oct. 27, 2022 – Norris shares in an email the Presidential Search Prospectus with the university community. This document gives the details and guidelines for potential candidates. 

Feb. 8, 2023 – Norris announces the first round of interviews on presidential candidates has been completed, writing that the search committee “remains on track with our goal of announcing a new president this spring.”