Students gather for games, ramen

Asian Student Association (ASA) invites students to a night of board games and ramen noodles. GRAPHIC COURTESY OF ASA

The Asian Student Association (ASA) and the Tabletop Club joined forces to host a game night filled with board games, cards and ramen on March 24 on the Hawk Hill campus.

Kenneth Chang ‘26, member of the ASA Executive Board, came up with the idea for the event, which was attended by about 60 people throughout the night and took place in the Campion Student Center Sunrooms.

“It was very nice to see such a large group show up and show out because I was worried obviously running the event,” Chang said. “But I was really happy that so many people came and had fun.”

The organizations gave out packages of ramen noodles, which participants cooked in microwaves around Campion. They played Jenga, Uno, Monopoly, and other games that they brought with them. 

Ethan Koob ‘23 who attended the event, said his favorite part of the night was “enjoying people’s company,” including meeting some new people. Koob played Uno and Monopoly, which went on for a while, as Monopoly does. 

“We’re there for friendly competition, and we’re all there to get along,” Koob said. 

Lydia Paine ‘26, who also attended the event, made new connections as well and encouraged others to participate in similar events.

“It’s a really great way to make friends,” Paine said.

ASA hopes to have more game nights in the future, Chang said. In the meantime, the group plans to take part in the Taste of the World on April 20, an opportunity for the campus community to celebrate different cultures with performances, a variety of cuisines and music.