It’s Christmastime in the city

Christmas Village is located in Love Park, across the street from City Hall. PHOTOS: EMILY GRAHAM ’20/THE HAWK

Celebrate the season in Philly

The holiday season is officially upon us, and that means it’s time to soak in all of the holiday spirit around Philadelphia.

Here are a few ways to enjoy this magical season:

Winter at Dilworth Park

The winter celebration at Dilworth Park, located outside of City Hall, is filled with different activities that will get you into the holiday spirit.

This includes watching the Deck the Hall Light Show, which is projected onto the front of City Hall, ice skating or enjoying hot chocolate around the fire pits at the Rothman Orthopaedics Ice Rink & Cabin and buying gifts for loved ones (or yourself) at the Made In Philadelphia Holiday Market.

Admission for ice skating is $5 with skate rentals available for $10, making a combined total of $15.

Most attractions at Winter at Dilworth Park run through Jan. 1, 2019 or Feb. 24, 2019, so there is still plenty of time to enjoy them.

Christmas Village

Christmas Village is another famous seasonal attraction in Center City.

In Love Park, a variety of vendors set up shop in wooden booths like traditional German markets.

Vendors include Christmas ornaments, jewelry, clothing, food and more.

Christmas Village is free to stroll through, and the price of products varies.

The market will be open through Dec. 24.

Miracle on South 13th Street Light Show

The entire 1600 block of row houses on South 13th Street in South Philly showcases that the holiday spirit is merry and very bright.

Each house is decorated with unique lights, signs and small details that capture the true spirit of the holidays.

It will be like walking through a winter wonderland, so grab your friends, enjoy a meal at a restaurant in South Philly and head on over to enjoy the lights.

The Miracle on South 13th Street Light Show is open through Jan. 1, 2019.

Ice skaters circle the rink in Dillworth Park.

Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest

The Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest, located right off the Delaware River Waterfront, is another popular holiday attraction in Philadelphia.

Visitors can indulge in great food offered in the Lodge Restaurant and Bar from Garces Group and Chickie’s and Pete’s and desserts from Franklin Fountain.

There are options for visitors to play yard games like corn hole and ladderball, arcade games, sit around a cozy fire pit or skate around the Olympic-size ice rink, all with a view of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.

There is free admission to the Winterfest, but skating admission costs $4 with skate rentals available for $10, for a combined total of $14.

Discounted skating admission is available for college students with a valid student ID Monday through Thursday.

The Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest is open to the public through March 3, 2019 so visitors can enjoy this holiday attraction well into the winter season.

A Longwood Christmas

A gorgeous celebration of Christmas, the Longwood Gardens features thousands of poinsettias, Christmas trees and more.

They have over half a million lights and ornaments outside to brighten up the trees, and the fountain shows are set to holiday music.

Longwood Gardens is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, and tickets for admission range from $20 to $27 with a valid student ID, depending on which day of week you attend.

Longwood Gardens is located in Kennett Square, about one hour away from St. Joe’s and is open through the new year until Jan. 6, 2019.

These attractions and more are great ways to celebrate the holidays and enjoy the upcoming winter season.