Hawk Hill’s Student Creators

Ally Craskey ’23

@wonderfullymadebyally

Craskey began her business in July and sells handmade polymer clay earrings that are designed and painted with care.

“The root of Wonderfully Made by Ally is my faith, and a way of living out my faith through art. It was a way I found progress in a time where I was feeling lost.”

Janine Gasarowski ’22
@janineray.art

Gasarowski sells homemade art, including paintings and sketches, as well as jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, bracelets and more. Her work is sold at Artesano Cafe, where she works as a barista.

“I grew up going to the beach at Seaside Park, and I’ve always been into art and making jewelry and anything I can be creative with. I also grew up collecting seashells, and over quarantine I started to make jewelry with seashells, and everything grew from there.”

Karla Holmes ’20
@thrift.happens._

Holmes handpicks thrifted clothing and resells them on her social media. She started her business in August.

“I have always had a huge passion for thrifting clothing. I love finding a good bargain, and I love the idea that someone’s old clothes can be new to someone else. I also have a huge passion for sustainability, so I figured out that thrifting and reselling clothing would be a great way to combine the two.”

Claire Martin ’21
@customsby_cam

Martin and her boyfriend are up and coming artists in Philadelphia and she sells custom-made designed clothing including jeans, shoes, jackets, hats and more.

“I made art to promote World of Limm and NxG, and realized I could take this further. I started to paint on my dad’s old jeans, and I was having fun with them. Someone was interested in buying them, so I made my first sale there.”

Mia Nixon ’23
@flybeads

Nixon sells homemade bracelets made out of recycled paper.

“I would take old magazines, cut them up, paint them over and make bracelets. I then started selling them on Etsy, and I love knowing my bracelets are sustainable.”

Nicholas Jones ’23
@trovailworldwide

Jones sells T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, beanies and more showcasing art designed by his friends and other artists.

“It’s just a whole conglomeration of things like art, photos and music. It’s everything that I do, but it’s structured in a way that I’m only producing clothes that are done by my friends and artists I’ve reached out to. It’s all about the unappreciated art, moments, pictures and music.”

Owen Casarella ’21
@hawkeyeautodetailing

Casarella’s business is an interior and exterior detail service to cars, which he started last summer out of a passion for cars and washing cars.

“You can turn something that you’re passionate about into a way to make money. Do what you love, and do it well.”